Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yeah Straps!

I've finally gotten a couple chunks of productive time and made quite a bit of progress on my Mord'Sith costume :D I am in danger of running out of things I can do until my buckles, boot hooks and rivets ship!

Here you see the corset with straps- it will need rivets and boot hooks to be wearable:
And here is a quick view from the inside in case you're unsure how the straps weave in and out of the corset. You can see the loose ends on the right where the straps will be anchored by rivets.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you and I can't wait to see the final product! My relatives are friends with the lady who actually made the outfits for the TV series mord-sith, so I'm going to have one custom made from her, but kudos to you for making one yourself. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lucky girl you are :D I really like the process of figuring stuff out and building things. It's a huge part of my enjoyment in costumes so I think I'd feel a little cheated if I had someone else build it for me :P

    ReplyDelete

Ask questions and share your experiences. No name calling or I'll throw glitter in your eyes!